Contains Strong Language – The Verb
Radio 3’s cabaret of the word, featuring the best poetry, new writing and performance including poets and writers from CSL 2020. Ian McMillan and guests Karen Lloyd, Zaffar Kunial, and Zosia Wand discuss the poetry of Cumbria.
Recorded for broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
For information click here
Terms and Conditions
Please take a few moments to read the all the information carefully and bear in mind that by accepting a ticket you’re agreeing to our terms and conditions. We want coming to see a BBC show to be an exciting and unique experience, so here are a few things to help you enjoy it.
- Please arrive early to avoid disappointment. Admission is on a first-come-first-served basis. As not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, to make sure we have a full house we send out more tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people. We can’t guarantee that you’ll get in, and please be aware that on some BBC shows audience members start queuing well before the onsite time.
- At some venues you’ll need to go through airport styled security checks and bag searches. Please do not bring sharp implements such as penknives, forks etc. Bring as little as possible with you so we don’t keep you waiting.
- As part of our studio audience you’ll make a major contribution to the show it’ll be your applause or laughter that you’ll hear. To make sure everyone has a great time we’ll ask people to leave if they interrupt or disrupt the show or behave in a way likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance. The BBC reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Now and again we have to cancel or change bookings. If this happens, we’ll do all we can to give you plenty of notice, but we can’t be held responsible for any expenses you have in getting to us.
- Our show is not suitable for people under 15 and anyone under 18 should be accompanied by an adult. If you look underage it is important that you bring proof of age with you to ensure you get in.
- On arrival your temperature will be checked and you will be asked to confirm that you and your household are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19. The BBC reserve the right to refuse admission and to cancel this event in order to follow Covid regulations.